PAndroid Member
    Last Active
    03-23-2016

Unhappy User profiles functionality missing from lollipop 5.1 upgrade

Previous versions had the option of creating several user profiles on the Fire HD tablet that was so useful to allow multiple people use the tablet without infringing on each others profile and settings.

After I upgraded to 5.1, se that this functionality has been removed and is no longer available.

Having tis functionality was one of the main reasons I fell in love with this software but now the upgrade has taken away that functionality to my dismay.

Are there any plans to add this feature in a forthcoming upgrade to 5.1 ?

This is one of my highly desirable feature that is now sadly missing.

Thanks,

Last Active
    06-23-2016
    Hello kamal_k_joshi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are looking for ways to add it.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Last Active
    11-19-2018
    Hi Kamal,

Sorry that the multiuser functionality is not yet available for Lollipop, it is on KitKat as you say. We do state it clearly on the home page where we mention that Multi User is available for some versions. We do however intend on adding this functionality if it's at all possible. We have not yet found a way to do it, all the standard ways that work for some devices don't seem to work on the Kindles.

As soon as it's available we will be sure to push out a free update for all Lollipop users

Regards
    Huw

Last Active
    11-19-2018
    Lol! Like buses, you wait for one and you get two at once! Alex was more on the ball than I was lol

PAndroid Member
    Last Active
    03-23-2016
    Getting a response even before you can post and return back to the thread - now that is how awesome is defined in the dictionary.

Now looking forward to getting this feature also added at the same lightning speed.
    And that would then be double awesome!
    :-)