N2Aos Member
    Last Active
    04-24-2015

Kindle HD 8.9 will not boot

Hi, can anyone help me get my kindle restored. I can't get the computer to recognize it other than fastboot mode. When I try to restore it reboots and goes back into red screen. Whole screen is red. Also when trying to restore in fastboot, it stays on erasing userdata for hours and does not do anything else. I have the kindle fire hd 8.9 that does not use a fastboot cable. Thanks

PAndroid Member
    Last Active
    10-15-2017
    Ask live help and they will probably hook up with your computer and run a recovery kiosk software. Had same problem. They fixed it in about 20 minutes of running the software. Impressive.

N2Aos Member
    Last Active
    04-27-2015
    Got the live help. Took some time to clear userdata and get partitions fixed but got it up and running. It cost $29.95 but I got my kindle fixed. Now I just need to get google play store running again. It will not work no matter what apk file I've tried thus far.

PAndroid Member
    Last Active
    01-04-2017
    OK. This is frickin' ridiculous. I'm in an endless loop in the "Create Ticket" screen...no matter how many times I select the Kindle Fire HD8.9" in the model field, it continues to give me a "Device Model is a required field" error. Think you can fix it?

Anyhow, here is what was in the text of my attempted ticket creation:

*** BEGIN ***
    Purchased and installed Lollipop. Worked fine. Don't know what happened, but now it just sits at the regular Kindle Fire screen (i.e. never goes to the blue one). You indicate that restore-to-stock doesn't work for Lollipop, so what do I do now?

Thanks.
    ***END***

Perhaps someone will notice this?